|Jeb Bush (R) loves Obama's (D) & Duncan's (D) education plan.|
Welcome to the Sunday Education Weekly Reader for 06.03.12. The elections are quickly approaching. Will Republicans change the tide (either on the state or national level) and stop the centralization of education?
It looks doubtful, according to these tweets:
- Delaware Republicans failing to make the grade on education issues http://wp.me/pz20Z-59J
- Can Romney dismantle Dept of Education http://j.mp/La3qXZ <-No, he supports RTTT & CCSS. Romney & Obama like collecting kids' data.
- Truth in American Ed
@TruthinAmEd Our latest post: Floridians Critique Jebucation http://ow.ly/1k7B8f
What's the best option for education? It is the antithesis of the current educational reform:
- Sir Ken Robinson
@SirKenRobinson Why Alternative Education Should Become Mainstream: http://bit.ly/n9XppU
Instead of the current buzz words of data driven, educational equity, school choice, common.....how about school districts (not the DOEd or consortia) adopt the goals of providing:
- Personal relationships
- Engaging teaching and learning
- Quality instruction and curriculum
- Excellence...instead of making all students the same
Aren't the goals listed by Sir Ken Robinson what taxpayers/parents/students want and deserve from tax dollars? So why is the trio of Bush, Obama and Duncan pushing something vastly different?